Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday: Christmas Decor Edition


I love Christmas decorations. They just explode joyfulness.  I only have one new decoration this year, but everything felt new being in a new house.  It's been fun.  Here are a few of my favorites this year:
 My dad's mom made this for me as a baby.  Grandmama died when I was 5, so I don't have a lot of memories of her.  However, I do still have my little tree, so up it goes each year.


Let's be honest.  I am not the most creative person on the planet. This is why I'm not on Pinterest because I'm disgusted by my lack of ability to copy anything I see.  Boo. However, I thought of this idea all by myself one sleepless night, and I think it turned out pretty cute.  The old owners of our house left their pot and pan rack, and I've never used it until now.  I thought 100 plastic ornaments, a length of garland, and a battery pack of LED lights would make it quite festive.  It's fun how the lights glow on the ceiling too!

Zambia and hope.  It doesn't get any better.

 I love this little tree.  I found it at Kirklands, and it lights up.  Everything on it is from Ten Thousand Villages, so it's my little fair trade, global Christmas tree.  This makes me SOOOO happy!


 I have a front yard full of awesome lights, but I still don't have a photo of it all that really looks good.  I'll keep working on it. 



On a non-Christmas related note, I'm loving that Cory and Topanga will be back on TV with the Boy Meets World spin-off about their daughter.  David and I grew up on the ABC TGIF shows, and this was certainly one of our staples.  Such a 90s kid! 

3 comments:

The Roberts' said...

I love your fair trade tree!

Tiffany said...

I'm so excited for the Boy Meets World sequel!! :)

I love that you have the little tree from your grandma. That's so special!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Loving the fair trade global Christmas tree! Stopping by from WILW :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...