Tuesday, November 1, 2011

National Adoption Month

November 1st: the beginning of National Adoption Month.  If I could lobby on Capitol Hill for any cause, adoption would be it.  It shouldn't have surprised me then that I received a text in middle of dinner from a dear friend who has been involved deep in the spiritual heart of Zambia with my family for over 15 years saying she had found a couple willing and excited to share all they know and help us through our adoption in Zambia.  Praise You, Jesus!  Oh, we're still months away from knowing IF we'll get to bring home our girl, but we're one step closer to that answer.  We may never make it home with a child from anywhere, but if others are encouraged to adopt because we have at least tried, then I deem us successful. If others come to serve Christ before themselves because of this, then we are beyond successful.  Father, You're timing is always perfect, and Isaac and I haven't doubted.  You are perfect, gracious, and sovereign in all things.  May You alone receive the glory, no matter our journey's outcome!  Bless Your name forever!

I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.  Psalm 40:1



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...