Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Teaching First

My heart is broken today with my first lost of one of my students.  There was a nasty apartment fire around 4:40 this morning and Kaitlyn and the oldest of her three little brothers died as a result.  We still don't know if the middle brother is alive; he was life-flighted to the Med Center.  The little one is just fine, thank You Jesus. 

Kaitlyn was a tall, lanky girl with a great laugh and darling personality.  She had a cute little giggle and asked me awesome questions in class.  I miss her already.

We weren't telling the kids anything at school today until everything was confirmed, and it was so hard to teach and act normal when it wasn't normal at all.  It was a rough afternoon after we broke the news.  Please be praying for Kaitlyn's family and our campus in the coming weeks. 

2 comments:

Callie and John said...

I've been thinking of you all, all day and know that my prayers are with everyone tomorrow.

Unknown said...

oh wow, so sad. will pray for the family that's mourning and for the kiddos and teachers at school. I pray God is glorified during this troubling time and that the family will turn to Jesus for comfort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...