Thursday, November 18, 2010

Disney's Animal Kingdom

**Time for a happy post!

When we left for Florida on October 30, we knew the original Discovery launch date of November 1 had been pushed to at least the 2nd, so we decided to head to Disney's Animal Kingdom on Monday morning.  I was the only one of the four of us who had ever been, and that was for just a half day, so it was a new adventure all around.
In front of the Tree of Life


I think we were all impressed with the safari ride.  No, it wasn't as cool as the real thing was in Zambia this summer, but to be anywhere with nothing but the lower half of a vehicle between an animal and me is pretty darn neat.  Mom even had us ride a second time in the afternoon, though the morning ride certainly had the best showing.  Most of the animals were out enjoying breakfast, and the baby elephant and giraffe were just dolls!
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas...




Since I adore zoos, Animal Kingdom makes me happy since all kinds of animals can be found, all with a touch a Disney magic.  We enjoyed walking the African path and watching the momma gorilla and 8 month old baby.  So precious.

The Lion King show is still one of my favorites.  I saw it three years ago with Meredith, and I still loved it!  It's a scaled down version of the Broadway production.  The costumes, acrobatic 'monkeys' and 'flying' birds are fantastic.

We made sure to meet up with Mickey and the Gang; that's just a must at any Disney park!  Of course, heaven forbid we all look at the camera at the same time, but that's ok.
Rafiki



Isaac rode Mount Everest 3 times, twice with Dad and once with me.  While there was no coaster I was afraid of as a kid, now I don't care for them.  However, since I survived Everest in '07, I decided to ride it again Monday just to prove to myself I wouldn't die.

What is it about Disney parades that are just so darn fun?  I LOVE them!  We had prime seats for the parade, so I was just peachy happy!



 After the parade, we watched the Nemo live action puppet show.  I was pretty darn impressed.  It told the whole Nemo story in about 20 minutes.  By the time it was over, the park was closing for the night, so we headed off to Downtown Disney for a yummy seafood feast, chocolate overdose at Ghiredelli, and a photo op with a dead man who can't tell tales.  :)  It was a long day, but oh so magical!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...