Thursday, November 18, 2010

Magic Kingdom

While we were in Florida earlier this month waiting on the Steve and the shuttle to launch, we had lots of free time to play in Florida.  Ironically, we never made it further east than Orlando.

On Tuesday, the 2nd, day 3 of the scrub, Mom and Dad went to Universal to check out Harry Potter, and Isaac and I decided to visit Mickey again at Magic Kingdom.  I've always dreamed of being with my Prince Charming at Cinderella's Castle, and today that happened.  :)

We had to make sure we met up with Minnie and Mickey!

It is such a dream to travel to Disney during the late Fall!  The crowds are minimal, the weather is warm but not horribly hot, and the lines are easy to manage.  I'm not sure I can fuss at my students when their parents pull them in the middle of the school year for a Disney trip after this week.

I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of my score, but on the Buzz Lightyear ride, I hit some special target that gave me tens of thousands of points.  Isaac was furious!  I won something playing against the Winning King.  WHOOP!
This just makes me happy!

It took a little patience to ride the Haunted Mansion due to some technical difficulties, but we managed to walk by while it was open.  Of course Pirates is always a must, along with Mickey's Philharmagic 4D movie.  Space Mountain was visited twice, and we also rode Snow White, Small World (yes, we did it!), and Peter Pan.  Isaac enjoyed Run Away Mountain (I think it's the fastest coaster in the park...?), and if I wouldn't have fallen through the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, I would've enjoyed it much more too.  The rain nearly ruined the Castle Show in the middle of the afternoon, but it held off for us...yay!

Possibly my favorite moment of the day was meeting Tinker Bell for the first time.  Yes, this was my 6th time to a Disney park, but even at my last visit in '07, the best glimpse one might receive of Tink was at the start of the firework show at Magic Kingdom in the evenings as she flies from the top of Cinderella's Castle.  I believe I've mentioned it in here before, but my dad and Nanny have called me Tinker Bell my whole life.  We have home video to prove it.  Gracious knows I grew in personality into the nickname, for better or worse (usually the latter).  When I saw I sign indicating that Tinker Bell and a few of her fairy friends would be meeting folks all day under the Big Fair Tent, I was thrilled!  Can't you just imagine how cute the pictures would've been if I had been able to meet her as a small girl?!  Regardless, I was just as excited at 25 as I would've been at 5, and  I'm sure poor Tinker Bell was a bit confused about my enthusiasm, but that's ok.  When she told me her name was Tinker Bell and asked for mine, I wanted so badly to tell her that mine was Tink also, but there were small children in line, and I figured they didn't want to hear the dialog for the next 10 minutes.  Tehe!
Tink!

Just like at Animal Kingdom the day before, I insisted we stay for a parade.  Since the afternoon parade was rained out, we stayed for the Electrical Parade that night.  It has new music and floats since my '07 trip, so it was all exciting for me.  What is it about Disney shows and parades that make me so giddy and silly?  Sheesh.  Poor Isaac had to listen to my giggles well past the last float. 
I love this place at night.



There won't be a trip back to Florida anytime soon, but I know we'll come back someday, and the children in us both will come out to play in Walt Disney magic once more!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...