Wednesday, May 5, 2010

TV Report

As an educator, I'm constantly amazed at the reports that keep being published about the links between the amount of time children watch TV and the links to obsesity, school performance, social skills, and brain stimulation. To me, it is clearly obvious which of my students are TV couch potatos and those that are not. The fact that researchers spend lots of money studying this makes me laugh because I could prove it for a whole lot less money and time than they take, but if it makes the scientists happy, that's ok by me.

A new study by Canadian and American researchers was publised this week. You can read a brief analysis of the report here. Parents, please, please, please talk to your child's pediatrician and follow his/her advice about how much TV your child is allowed to watch at each age. Your child's teachers (and once s/he is grown, your child!) will thank you, I promise!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...