Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quarter of a Century

Today I turn 25. It's a bit odd...I don't feel that I've been around long enough for 25 years to have passed, but they have. I am one blessed lady to be where I am in life at only 25 years old. Isaac is a phenomenal husband, I have the best child one could hope for (the kind that never grows up and leaves home and doesn't back talk!), my family lives near us (most of them anyway...there are a few in Kentucky and Canada that need to head south), most of the time I adore my job, and I have a close knit group of friends that love on me and encourage me (and tell me when to shut up and stop screwing up when needed!). While I don't think any of us enjoy the idea of an aging body, I'm excited to be at a place now where there is enough freedom to be able to jump when God says 'jump', and to be used by Him in ways that adolesence didn't allow.

Friday was the party with my family. Paula was in town to go to the Bridal Extravaganza with Laura, David, and my mom, so we got to visit with her too! It made my family birthday extra special! Mom got carry out from Gingos, so we feasted on fajitas and sopapillas. Yum, yum!

Last night a few friends from work, Allison, and Kelly and her husband Adam, Sean, Deborah, Isaac, and I went to Icibon for super yummy hibachi! I was in food heaven! Our chef put on a great show. He certainly kept us laughing, and what he made was delicious.



Sean, Deboarh, Isaac,Kelly, me, Adam, and Allison


After dinner, we all came back to our house for cake, ice cream, and a Wii tournament. It was a great night, and I had a blast celebrating with some awesome people!

Super cute butterfly cake Isaac made me.

After church this morning, Isaac took me to the mall to spend my birthday money on some things that I was needing. I didn't manage to escape my weekly trip to Kroger just because it was my birthday, but that is ok. Bell practice was fun tonight, and then we went to Fuddrucker's to celebrate our friend Jeff Doi's birthday. We share the same day, just one year apart. It's pretty special to get to share a birthday with a friend. :)

Jeff and me, birthday twins!

Dinner was extra special for me because three of my favorite ladies were there too! Michelle, Megan, and Ashley.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...