Thursday, June 25, 2009

Take 2

I was very excited about my nightly walk last night because I got to exchange my Ipod for Isaac. Little did I know he had big surprises waiting for me on that walk! My engagement ring had to be left in Ohio last week to be re-dipped. White gold is not my friend, as the oils in my hands strip away the white gold about every 6 months or so. Maybe I'll upgrade to platinum in 5 or 10 years. Anyway, since he still had my ring, Isaac decided to plop me on a bench in the middle of our walk and propose for a second time last night! It was very sweet. We've struggled A LOT the past year. I don't recommend long distance engagements for anyone. They are miserable. Satan has certainly used the past 14 months to tear us down, and we've had to work super hard to stay close to the Lord and rely on Him. We've grown tons, but phew. I'm worn out from it all! Isaac recommitted his promises to me that I'm the most important person in his life, and that he will actually be HERE for me, physically, not just emotionally. I know all of the wonderful things that he said in my heart, but it was very, very nice to hear them again. Isaac also surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of roses that he had hidden in the bushes! I am blessed with a sweet, romantic man!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...