Thursday, February 12, 2015

10 Years

February 12 is Lincoln's birthday, my Sissy's birthday, and the day I was diagnosed with endometriosis.  This day marks so much for me, and I can't believe it's been 10 years since it all started.  Oh, praise God from whom all blessings flow!  I think often of John 13:7: Jesus replied, "You don't understand what I'm doing now, but later you will see."  Oh, how I didn't understand that agony of those awful years, but I see their fruit now.  Satan can still tempt me into falling into fear that the endo will return, but fear is no way to live.  I know many women don't suffer from stage 4 for years on end, and many think this disease is no big deal, but it's absolutely debilitating for some of us.  To be free and healthy for 7 years is a gift I don't ever take for granted.  Lord, allow me to keep serving you, whatever may come!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...