Thursday, July 16, 2009

Answered Prayers!

Let's just be honest. Anyone getting married younger than 25 is probably going to be starting out in the 'broke' category. It's not permanent, but it takes a bit to get the financial ball rolling, especially when one spouse-to-be doesn't get his first ever full time pay check for at least another 10 days.

However, I've been proud of us. I saved and saved during the spring, knowing I'd be the one making the deposit and first month's rent on whatever place we chose to live. I've been able to meet my other financial obligations (school loan and truck loan) and even afforded a few SMALL updates to the house we've rented (keep in mind only Isaac is living there currently...we're not crazy!), all without touching a credit card, because frankly, I think credit cards are from Satan, and I refuse to have one. Anyway, budgeting works. That's my point.

So, while the house is awesome, there is basically nothing in it except for our fabulous wedding presents (thank you, everyone!!!), Isaac's bunk/futon from Ohio, and some pretty end tables my friend Kristin sold me. Soon, we'll have bedroom furniture when my things are moved to the house. This is all good, and exciting, and I'm glad I spent high school graduation money on quality furniture because it's turned out to be a very, very good investment.

But, there was still going to be an empty bedroom that we really wanted to turn into a guestroom so friends can come visit. For now, we were resigned to the fact we'd just be blowing up an air mattress if anyone came to see us. Then, last night, God put the pieces together for us! Our neighbors Ron and Karen are moving next week. This is a very sad thing, as we love them, and their dog Skylar is Bailey's girlfriend. But, God had them ask us if we wanted the bed that's been in their guest room! Of course I said yes! Our guest room won't be empty anymore!! The other reason this answers prayers is because it's a super nice mattress (Serta Restonic) that's been slept on maybe a grand total of 30 nights! My mattress is super old, and while in decent shape, doesn't give me the support I need for my back, which has not been my friend lately. So, now I not only have furniture for my guest room, I have a new mattress for me which should help a lot of my back pain go away! It's such a blessing because it would've been months before enough money was saved up for any of this.

I realize none of that is life changing, thrilling news, but it's the little things, people! :) God cares, and for that, I am glad!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...