Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bike

For Christmas, I asked for a new bicycle.  I think my last memory of riding a bike was in 8th grade when Dad would take us around the new construction happening in our neighborhood.  Mom then sold all our bikes in a garage sale, but for whatever reason, we never replaced the out-grown ones. 

Isaac did get me a bike for Christmas, but it sat in its box next to my truck from December 25th until late May.  Granted, I had wrist surgery December 29th and elbow surgery over Spring Break, but we didn't even get the thing put together until nearly 5 months after Christmas.  I think we have some 'get her dun' issues in our house!

Once my handy husband did get my bike assembled, it was love at first sight!  If you've known me long, it's clear that I am a klutz with a capital "K", so a helmet was definitely in order (though so far, so good!).  I'm also cautious (ok, paranoid) enough that I bought flashing tail and head lights for my bike so that when I ride in the evenings I can be seen. 


We have a 3 mile biking and walking trail in the middle of our neighborhood, and we've become good acquaintances.  Until I came down with a sinus infection and bronchitis on Saturday, I was being very faithful about riding 3-5 days a week.  I don't have any goals of riding in the BP150 or losing any weight.  It's just been fun to ride!  I take my iPod and just enjoy 20ish minutes to myself.  What a treat!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...