Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chapman Family Concert

Thursday, October 7, was a fabulous evening for Isaac and me. We were able to go to the Chapman Family concert at FBC Houston and spend hours in worship. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know about my family's connections to the extended Chapman family and how special this family is to me. I hadn't been to one of Steven's concerts since high school, so Thursday was quite special.

Before the concert

Isaac made sure we were able to attend the Q&A before the concert. It was refreshing to hear how far they've come and all the goodness God has worked in the 2 1/2 years since Maria died. I want to live life with transparency and honesty that they have!

Another one of my favorite recording artists growing up was Geoff Moore, who happens to be Steven's best friend. Geoff randomly decided to come to Houston with the Chapmans, and I enjoyed hearing updates on his family of natural and supernatural (how the Chapmans refer to their adopted kiddos) loveys.

Geoff, Mary Beth, and Steven

Caleb, which is composed of Caleb and Will Chapman and two of their buddies, opened the concert for Steven. Um, they're awesome! No offense Steven, but Caleb might just be able to out sing you!


Steven came out and sang the Caleb's closing song with the band. So fun!

Caleb and Will played with their dad during his part of the concert. They had spent the year before Maria died doing that, and I think it's awesome that they really are the "VonChaps". Caleb's wife Julia was running the Show Hope booth all evening and the little girls were there but not seen.

Geoff sang a couple of songs with Steven. Yay!

I've read Mary Beth's blog for probably 3 years or more now; I appreciate how she allows God to use her family. If you want to laugh and cry all at the same time, read her new book "Choosing to See". Mary Beth was a huge encouragement during her time on stage, and I'm so grateful for this woman who loves hard, laughs hard, mourns hard, and serves her Jesus hard!
Isaac and I were at FBC from 3:45-10:45 Thursday night, and we left exhausted but recharged all at once. Chapman Family, we love you for all you do to make our Daddy's name great!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...