Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Update

We had a wonderful whirlwind of a weekend!

On Friday, Houston was sprinkled with gorgeous, huge, fluffy snowflakes and the super cold temperatures that accompany such a phenomenon. It was a perfect night for homemade chili, so Ashley and Tim and Michelle and Will came over for for dinner and peppermint ice cream with fudge for dessert. Isaac even stirred up a cozy fire for us! We had a great time of fellowship and enjoyed some Charlie Brown Christmas specials as well. Isaac and I are so blessed by these two couples, and really appreciate their friendship so much! Will and Michelle have a baby on the way, and Ashley and Tim aren't sure where the work world will take them once their married this summer, so we're cherishing every moment we have with both couples right now.


Saturday morning saw me at church for handbell rehearsal for this morning, and Isaac went with other friends from Sunday School to shop with some kids from Bacliff. A ministry called Lighthouse gathers monetary donations so that these kiddos can buy Christmas gifts for their family members and spend the morning being loved on by some caring adults. I got to go two years ago, and I loved the experience. Isaac enjoyed it, too. Hopefully next year we'll get to go together.

I finished all of my Christmas shopping yesterday afternoon. As I was online making price comparison before heading out to the stores, I noticed every store I was researching had free shipping. I took advantage of that sweet deal...I saved money on gas and my sanity from traffic, and got all of my family members exactly what they wanted! Woohoo!

Last night we built another fire and watched Christmas movies; what a treat! I'm loving this cold weather in December to be able to enjoy a fire AND Christmas decorations at the same time. This doesn't happen often in Houston!

Today was the Christmas Bellapalooza at church. Four handbell choirs all playing at once; what a glorious sound! I love those Sundays!!!

Bailey and I also took our annual Mommy/Son Christmas portrait today. Isn't he adorable?!

Tonight was bittersweet. I.B. and Honey Ham (Rick Carpenter and Suzanne Reynolds) made an appearance at UBC tonight to say a fond (and humorous) farewell to the Creech family. We're all sad to see them go, but I know Robert is meant to be teaching at Truitt now. I'm grateful for such a wonderful pastor who has led our church so faithfully to the Lord for so many years. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

he's coming to Baylor?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...