Sunday, November 8, 2009

Road Trips

Meredith and I hadn't seen each other in a while, so after church I went up to her side of town to have lunch with her. While we both live in Houston, it takes an hour to get to her. Oh, the joys of big cities. We had a wonderful visit, despite her bad cold, and it was great to catch up in person instead of with just the phone.

Having two uninterrupted hours to myself today was also a rare treat. It made me miss my drives back and forth to school. I am an avid anti-cartrip campaigner, but I loved that time alone in my car because it was a beautiful drive, and it also was a perfect opportunity to have some impromptu praise and worship time. God can speak loudly on the road (and it has nothing to do with my driving!), and it's a wonderful time to pray. I thoroughly enjoyed my drive time today. I listened to a Smitty CD that was mostly instrumental and prayed. What a joy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...