Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hobby Lobby Baby Thief

Isaac and I needed to make a return to Hobby Lobby today. A box of icicle lights we bought were defective, and Isaac wasn't going to take out every bulb in have the strand to figure out which one was bad. Thankfully, the crowd this afternoon was manageable, and the line at the return counter was short. While we were waiting our turn, a sweet lady came dashing into the store with something in her hand. She rushed up to the manager, and said, in the most apologetic tone, "M'am, I got out to the car and realized this was in my baby's hand! I am so very, very sorry!" The manager was thankfully gracious and don't the mom not to worry and that it happens from time to time. The item was a sparkly, felt Christmas ornament that I'm sure the baby thought was very enticing as its mommy walked up and down the aisles. Can't you just see a mom who's in a rush to get home lifting her baby out of the cart in front of her car just to discover that the sweet little angel is actually a thief?! Isaac and I were almost in tears we were laughing so hard (after the sweet lady had left the store, of course!)! It was also a treat to see intregity in America. No one would've ever missed that little ornament, but she knew to swallow her embarrassement and march back into the store to return the 'stolen' item. Way to go, Mom!

Moral of the story: Isaac and I have learned that if we are blessed with children, always check their hands before walking out of the store!

Has a similar situation ever happened to you? Please do share!

1 comment:

Michael said...

This has happened to me twice - once with each kid!

Just a few weeks ago amid the chaos of the Christmas shopping season, Bella, Boogie, and I were getting some odds and ends at Target. When we reached the car, I realized that Bella had a little knit cap in her hand. I wasn't about to lug all my two (now fussy) kids back in the store, so I called the store (got the number from my reciept), explained what happened, and a Loss Prevention guy met me at my car in front of the store. He couldn't believe that I took the time to call and turn it back into them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...