Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've finally broken down and taken the time to type out my pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's from a Libby Pumpkin can label from the 1980s. These cookies were a favorite of David and mine when we were in preschool, but Mom put the recipe away when we moved to Texas, and it wasn't until I was going through her recipes in college that I uncovered it. What a treat it was to rediscover these wonderful delights!

Ingredients:

2 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
1 cup uncooked oats
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Cream butter; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in morsels.

If you want to make pumpkin shaped cookies, drop 1/4 cup of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Shape it with a spoon or spatula into a pumpkin shape. Add a bit more dough to the top for a stem.
 


If you just want a round cookie, drop 1/4 cup of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. My cookies usually need to back about 8 1/2 minute, though I usually make smaller cookies, and the bigger you make them, the longer they'll need to make.

The cookies are super cute to decorate with icing and make cute jack-o-lanterns. Sometimes I'll even use candies (M&Ms, etc) to help make faces.


Enjoy!

Holiday Linkup

6 comments:

Jeffrey said...

thanks for posting this! Yum!

Katie Elizabeth said...

These are so cute! Pumpkin + chocolate chips is a great combo. Love the recipes you can find on the sides of cans, I always try and check them out!

Cait | Home Sweet Ruby said...

I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but never even thought about adding oatmeal. These look delish!! Thanks for linking up!

Lisa Loves John said...

My most favorite cookies are oatmeal (and raisin instead of chocolate chips)... And to mix it with pumpkin is brilliant!! Not even kidding, all of my favorite things :)

Unknown said...

Those are too cute and look delicious. Plus I'm super impressed with your icing skills :) Thanks for linking up!

Pink and Fabulous said...

These are adorable! You have skills! They also sound super tasty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...